Monday, April 23, 2012

Burlap Banner

I am really getting busy on projects and this is the first one I've completed all the way.  There will be many more to come! 

There is a large corn crib in the front yard near our ceremony site.  I wanted to decorate it a little and have a welcome sign when people come.  So I made this banner to hang up there.  Each rectangle is about 12" x 18".  I finally got a rotary cutter and cutting mat so cutting them out was easy.  I'm still using the first roll of burlap that I bought from Home Depot for about $11!

The other supplies I got here navy and ivory paint.  Stencil paper, sponge spouncers, and jute.  I already have navy thread.  I folder over 3" at the top and sewed it down.  I printed out letters and then cut/traced them on the stencil paper with a sharp hand tool.  Then I sponged the letters on and let them dry.  Then I threaded the jute through.  It didn't take long at all!

I got some helpful tips for the project at this site: http://offbeatbride.com/2011/08/burlap-sack-banners

No comments:

Post a Comment