Monday, May 7, 2012

DIY Birdseed Bags

My focus lately has been on the larger quantity projects that I have to do.  The programs are in the works, along with burlap bags for favors, but I'm almost done with the birdseed bags.  We decided to have our guests toss that at us since we'll be out in a field and the birds can enjoy it later.  We're planning to have them throw it as we leave the ceremony.

I used white tulle.  I've needed between 5-6 yards total to make around 220 bags.  I got most of it for $.77 at Hobby Lobby.  Some I used for a practice veil then cut it up.  The squares are 6"x6" cut with a rotary cutter.  I bought birdseed at a local pet store for $1.18 a pound.  I think I spent around $8 and I probably could've gotten away with $5-$6 worth.  Lastly, I bought navy and green 1/8" ribbon at JoAnn Fabrics for $.50 a spool.  I used 1.5 spools of each color.  Each bag gets 1 T. of birdseed.  I only tied the ribbon once to keep it easy for the guests to untie or just slip off.

Here's the final product:


All for about $.05 a bag! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment