Monday, June 18, 2012

Burlap Boutonnieres

It took me a long time to make a decision on what I wanted to do for the boutonnieres.  I wanted to include a burlap rose, but nothing was working quite right.  So I decided to keep it simple.  After a few rounds at JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, and Michaels I found the right pieces and got to work.  I got most of my inspiration from this website: http://petitejoy.blogspot.com/2012/04/burlap-boutonnieres.html

The base of the creation was a sucker stick (found at JoAnn's) cut in half (3") and burlap leaves.  I cut the shape from a frozen waffle box then cut 3 more from cream burlap.  I used Elmer's glue to glue them on...two to the front and one on the back.

I covered the stick with blue jute found at saveoncrafts.com.  Attaching it with hot glue wasn't easy.  I attached it to the front of the leaf with more hot glue.

This was the fun part.  I attached two feathers with more hot glue.  I got the feathers at JoAnn's.  I put a brown button at the base of the feathers then finished it off with a small navy blue ribbon that I had leftover from another project.

All together they were so cheap and are so cute!  I made a miniature verson for the ring bearer (not pictured) and attached a pin on the back with more hot glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment